Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST: What an Adventure It's Been!

Wow.... I just finished watching the last episode of a TV show that I have been following for the past 5 years.... LOST ended today with their 2 hour series finale. My mind and heart is filled with so many words and emotions right now and I just needed to share these raw emotions through this blog. Prolly so raw that I am prolly gonna repeat myself and so forth haha.

Right after work, I rushed back to my apartment anticipating how they would end a show that was filled with many questions and mysteries. I've been following LOST since I was a Sophomore in college. I had time warp episodes in my life where my roommates and I would sit down and watch good chunk of one season in a day. We would start in the morning and then finally notice that the sun was setting down and be like... "Holy fudge! It's dinner time! What a time warp!" The show was addicting. Season One and Two were soooooo entertaining and I simply wanted to know what would happen to the survivors of Oceanic 815. Season Three and on got a little boring and ridiculous (they get off the island and they need to go back!? What the deuce!? WHY!?), but it was exciting, entertaining, and interesting nonetheless. They would present more mysteries and questions, but the storyline was still captivating and left me wondering... "What will happen next?" I was determined to see how this show would end regardless of how ridiculous it got or even if my friends said that it was not worth following it. I am so glad that I was determined and watched LOST to the end. This is my first American TV show that I kept up with and watched till the end. Wow... 6 seasons worth of dedication. haha

The last episode of LOST left me with emotions of satisfaction, relief, and "WTF? What just happened?" I still gotta analyze it more..... my mind is in a whirlwind of sorting out what just happened. But like I said before, I am in relief and satisfaction since many questions were answered and most importantly... it ended with a decent and very proper ending in my opinion. Some of my predictions came true and some did not, but still... I am satisfied.

What's going through my mind is not only what I will eat for dinner (haha), but the fact that I kept up and watched a TV show for 6 seasons (5 years for me technically)... What an adventure its been! Seriously! LOST was a huge part in my young adult life and I hope to buy the DVDs soon in the near future to share with future generations.

One word to summarize LOST right now..... "WOW...." =)


No comments:

Post a Comment