Saturday, May 22, 2010

What Will You Do When You're Sick?

So this week, I was struck with some random stomach virus in which my doctor had a hard time explaining to me and did not know where I got it. I asked him if it was food poisoning and he simply said no. I found it odd... but I did not complain for he prescribed some medications for me. At first... I was hesitant... Never been a fan of Japanese medicine because of all the rumors and stories I heard from people and just in general in terms of how they don't work or made the symptoms worse and so forth. But I took the chance. I was in pain for geebus sakes haha. And I am very glad I took them. The meds worked in no time and as a result, I feel better now. Not fully recovered I guess, but almost there. But during my three days of rest, I was able to catch up some reading, some cleaning, and watching new shows and movies.

I had the opportunity during this week to see the hyped up show, Glee. My friends back home were talking about it and I simply did not see what the big deal was. Since I had nothing else to do, I watched the Pilot episode aka 1st episode and... well.... it was pretty good. It was very entertaining and the music they arranged and sung was pretty awesome. I found myself having this desire to watch more and as a result, I watched Season 1 up to Episode 19. There's a little more left till the season is completely over so I look forward to the season finale. So now I have a new TV series that I can watch after LOST is over.

Speaking of it, wow... LOST is finally coming to an end. Wow... it's been roughly 5 years keeping up with that show. haha. I saw a couple of episodes back in college during my second year and I got hooked. When I got Season One for Christmas, my roommates and I were pretty much addicted to them and had these time-warps watching them. We would watch one dvd and keep on watching more till we realized it was dark outside. We were like "WTF!? That was a time warp!" I remembered Season 1 and 2 being very awesome and we were addicted to watching them. But then Season 3 and on got a little weird, confusing, annoying, and so forth. Some of my roommates gave up watching them because it was getting ridiculous, but I continued to watch the series wanting to know more about the secrets behind each character and most importantly... the freaking island. I may write a blog about LOST, but it'll prolly have to wait till after the Series Finale which is coming up this Sunday. Or more like Monday for me here in Japan.

Anyhow, Glee is a good TV show to watch. I'm into people doing covers and sometimes I find myself liking their version. And at times, its the opposite. Its very entertaining irregardless and I can see why my friends like it and why some of my friends are auditioning for it. Anyone looking for a new show to watch after LOST is over or another show ending for the season and so forth... check out Glee.


Along with Glee, I watched The Office. I've been keeping up with it since college as well. It's been getting interesting, but there are some episodes that disappoints me.

On top of the TV shows, I got to watch Kick Ass and Daybreakers. My friends back home were talking about Kick Ass and recommended that I should watch it. When couple more friends here in Japan said the same thing... I decided to watch it as I ate my soup and crackers. And to my surprise.... it was pretty dang good. It had some ridiculous scenes, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Tons of ass kicking scene, violence, comedy, and so forth. What I liked best about it was that when an actual person tries to become a super hero... he or she gets their ass kicked pretty hard. Like.... they can die trying to be the hero. The movie didn't focus on the person magically becoming a hero suddenly... but rather... after several attempts... with the right equipment and knowing the right people... they finally become hero. Basically... happy ending. The movie has a quote and that's "I can't see through walls or fly or be invisible, but I can kick your ass!" And I guess if you have the power or the ability to kick people's asses... you can be a super hero. Interesting and entertaining movie that focuses on another aspect of super heroes. I enjoyed it and recommend it for other.


I also watched Daybreakers. It was also an interesting and entertaining movie. I didn't hear too much about it. Like I did not hear from people that it was good. But I was personally interested in seeing a world that were only vampires and there were limited humans. I was intrigued to see the vampires acting, walking, and talking like human beings... but the only difference was they needed blood to survive. Like how we now in reality have shortages on supplies such as oil, endangered species, and so forth... this movie focused the shortage of blood and the end of humanity as well as the end of vampire kind. I recommend Kick Ass over this movie, but those who are interested in watching a movie about a world conquered by vampires... I guess I recommend this one. Hope you enjoy it. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment