Friday, May 7, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

One day, I sat down and asked myself... "Should I blog or should I just be lazy and don't blog?" I did make a blog long time ago, but I simply forgot to update it and I didn't like where it was going. The direction I was heading with it was.... how do you say it... dull?... But anyhow, I started reading some of my friend's blogs and checking out the cool stuff they did with the layouts of their blog and boy, was I impressed... I was so impressed that I decided to make something similar and try to be creative. But...I will prolly be using some of there layouts for mine so thank you guys ahead of time! muahaha. =)

Now.. I don't know if this new blog will be much more exciting, but I hope to fill this blog with some interesting stories and what not and hopefully it will inform my family and friends with some updates with my life over here in Japan.

To start off this blog... I guess I should explain to everyone back home why I chose the title... The "Love Princess" and I. It kind of sounds like a fairy tale story right? Haha... Well I'm currently living in a prefecture called Ehime aka 愛媛. Its on the fourth largest island called Shikoku and its below Honshu island. We're famous for growing hella delicious mikans, having the oldest hot spring in Japan, towels, seafood, and so forth. There's prolly a lot more we are famous for. Anyhoo, the kanji or characters for Ehime is.... "Love Princess." "E" is
愛 or love and "Hime" is 媛 or princess. Combine the two characters and TA-DA!!! EHIME! This blog will be about my life with the Love Princess as well as my life as a JET. And maybe some cooking stuff... but maybe that will be in another blog =)

But another thing that needs some explaining is "Third Life: Ehime, Japan?" Well... I consider my first life as my life as an adolescence. My life during my elementary, junior high, and high school career. My second life is my life in college or Davis, California. At UCD, I met a lot of people and learned about new things including more about my identity as a Japanese American or Asian American. This blog is about my third life... my life here in Ehime, Japan. This time, I am meeting people and learning new things on an international level and in a different country. It's been quite interesting so far and I look forward to anything exciting I may come across.

Well enough with the explaining and off to the story sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment